- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ¾ cupghee
- 3/4 cup grated jaggery (gur)
For The Garnish:
- A few almond (badam) slivers
- A few pistachio slivers (optional)
- · Take a non-stick kadai and put ghee and heat it.
- · Once the ghee is melted add the wheat flour and sauté on a slow flame for approx. 15 to 17 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour.
- · Remove from the flame and allow it to cool till the bubbles while stop appearing.
- · Chop the jaggery finely and add it to the mixture once it cools down.
- · Mix well. When the jaggery melts and the mixture is still warm, pour it into a greased thali and spread it evenly with the help of the base of a small bowl (katori) or a flat spoon.
- · Cut into diamond shapes while still warm and garnish with almonds.
- · Remove the pieces and store in an air-tight container.
- · Handy tip:
- · You can add 1 tbsp of milk along with the jaggery if the mixture becomes too hard.